So a couple of months ago Emily Henderson of HGTV's 'Secrets of a Stylist' (you know she won last year's Design Star if you are not watching her show you absolutely should she is an adorable styling genius!!!) But, I clearly digress...anyway she did the coolest, easiest art project ever! She enlarged this guy's vintage Coney Island postcards, blew them up and framed them. She shows it in her blog here: http://www.stylebyemilyhenderson.com/blog/episode-8-mood-board.html
I was totally inspired by her as well as my mom's vintage Hemisphere poster which I have coveted for years. I went straight to eBay and found some vintage Hemisphere postcards and for about $7.00 including shipping I was the proud owner of these beauties:
A quick trip to Kinko's to have these enlarged to 24x36 inches, then to Target for poster frames (I like the brushed brass looking ones, I am having such a brass moment right now) and I now have two brand new pieces of spectacular art in my home. What do you think? Is this something you guys would try?
That's a pretty sweet idea!
ReplyDelete