I know it doesn't really feel like it here in San Antonio, but today is the first official day of Fall!! I loooooove Fall, even if there is no appreciable weather change. I thought we would kick off the new season with one of my favorite new recipes...Fall Harvest Turkey Salad. I made it up when I did not have all of the ingredients for chicken salad one day, and it is delicious! Here goes...
1 pound diced cooked turkey breast (smoked or roasted)
2 ribs celery diced
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or craisins as they are called)
1/3 cup dijonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients together, blend very well chill and serve. This is great on bread as a sandwich or as a topper to your favorite lettuce as a salad. I love mustard on my turkey sandwich the day after Thanksgiving and that is what this salad reminds me of. You can use half mayonnaise and half dijonnaise if you prefer a less mustard-y taste. If you make it, let me know how it comes out!

No comments:
Post a Comment