Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Idea #4 - Cupcakes

Happy Friday…I know I am ready for the long weekend! I hope some of you will be trying out Stephanie’s great Labor Day menu, but we need to add the finishing touches…Decorative Cupcakes!

These were so simple and will make a great addition to your food table this weekend. Here’s how you do it.
Cupcake
· Bake any box mix or homemade cupcake recipe you choose
· Frost cupcakes
Cupcake Wrapper
· I used the wrapper template from Kate Pullen at http://rubberstamping.about.com/
· Cut out the wrapper from the sheet
· Trace the wrapper on your paper of choice. I chose some craft paper I already had.
· Cut out from the craft paper
· Wrap around the cupcake liner and secure with glue. The template was a bit larger than my cupcake so I had to cut it down about 1/2 inch.
Cupcake Topper
· Make Rice Krispie Treats or you can cheat and buy the already made kind
· Take a small star shaped cookie cutter and cut out from the Rice Krispie Treats
· Decorate Stars as you prefer
· Take one of your craft sticks and slide it into the Rice Krispie Treat
· Place treat on a stick into the center of the cupcake
Cupcake Stand
You may have recognized the red and white polka dot wrapping paper from Stephanie’s blog post regarding Cheap and Chic Table Decor. I wrapped a plate with the wrapping paper to make a wonderful Labor Day dessert display.

Have a safe and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment