I had seen these very pretty yarn wreaths on Etsy a year or ago selling for about $50. I filed the idea away for a rainy day, and wouldn't you know it, we actually had a rainy day!! So I decided to make my very own yarn wreath and it could not have been easier. I got all my supplies from Hobby Lobby for less than 8.00, which was very exciting. The base is a straw wreath which came wrapped in protective plastic, I left the plastic on. I purchased one skein (have always wanted to use that word) of yarn and wrapped it around the wreath. This was the most labor intensive part and probably took about an hour. Next I cut circles out of felt, I bought the felt squares for .25 or whatever they were and it took about one square per flower. After I had the circles cut, I cut each one into a spiral and was left with a small round center. I coiled each spiral from the place I started cutting and when I had the whole thing coiled I hot glued it to the felt round. ThenI hot glued the flowers to the wreath. Simple as that!

No comments:
Post a Comment