Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Closet Freak

If you know me, you know I love clothes.  If you don't know me, I am telling you right now: I love clothes.  As previously blogged about, I live in a small urban apartment (as urban as you can get in San Antonio) by choice.  I really am trying to reduce my carbon footprint and quite frankly home ownership was not for me.  I tried it, spending all my time and money on such exciting endeavors as tree trimming and fence repair was too depressing for words.  My goal is to live as graciously in a 900 square foot apartment as one could in a 2000 square foot house. It's actually not very difficult, but lately my closet was making me sad every time I opened the door. Observe:
The closet is very small, but I wanted it to appear larger.  This would necessitate removing the horrid wire shelves furnished by the management company. I promptly removed all of them. Then I measured the space and drew out a plan.  Once I had the layout I liked I went to (where else?) Target and bought their laminate closet components.  There were many options to choose from, with my limited space I bought one super tall shelving unit, a medium shelving unit, a shoe unit, a cabinet with doors and a 3-drawer unit.  The most difficult part of the process was assembling the units, I have major callouses on my hands. The exciting part was next, setting up the closet!
Because I removed the wire shelves I had nowhere to hang my clothes, so I went to Lowe's for some rods.






This was so easy! And it only took me about 10 hours from start to finish, but that included trips back and forth to Target and Lowe's as well as a small lunch break.  Also, Rufus needed to go out a few times : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment