OK so the kilim rug had to go, and I knew I wanted something lighter and more graphic. But, I am on a budget and live with a dog who has to go outside several times a day then come back inside with his grubby little paws. So anything in the cream or white family was not an option, even light gray (which I love) was not going to work. I found the PERFECT rug, it was neutral and graphic and most importantly cheap. But, it was only sold in 4x6, way too small for my LR. Being the crafty genius (total sarcasm here) that I am, I bought 2 of the 4x6 rugs and decided to put them together to create one 6x8. The best part was how simple it was, read on for details...
All you need are a utility knife, straight edge (I used a yard stick) and carpet tape. I turn both rugs over so their top side was facing the ground. Used my straight edge as a guide and sliced off the bound edge of each rug. Then I just taped them together. Seriously, it was that easy! Is it the most elegant rug ever? No, but it looks great and I will not freak out if it gets muddy or if someone has an accident on it. Below are the how to photos:
Above is the somebody who may have an accident, I was not referring to myself.




No comments:
Post a Comment