Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Labor Day Idea #2: Cheap and Chic Table Decor

You may have noticed the charming tablescape in the deviled egg post; at least I hope you did.  It was one of the most simple and downright cheap ideas ever.  We picked up a vinyl tablecloth at the dollar store for (you guessed it) a dollar.  Next at the Target dollar aisle we found this great wrapping paper, red with white polka dots.  I could go on and on about the delights of the dollar aisle at Target (or as I like to call it the best place on earth) but I will refrain for now. 

To achieve this fun look, we just layered the wrapping paper over the table cloth and voila!


There are so many things you can do with this idea.  You could start with a fancy tablecloth and then add a swath of butcher block paper and top it off with a bouquet of seasonal flowers. But the beauty of the vinyl tablecloths is that you can just ball the whole thing up and throw it away after the party! Is this something you guys would try?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment